Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a OS X 10.6.8 (Circa 2011)........ My screen has stopped

I have a OS X 10.6.8 (Circa 2011)........
My screen has stopped increasing to its full brightness - it stays at its 'standby' level of brightness only which makes it difficult to read.
Have I pressed something by accident?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Did you tried pressing fn + F2 or F2 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have now tried these but with no reaction

Goto System Preferences > Displays and can you set brightness from there ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago. it!

The solution was to click on to "Brightness" and choose "Displays".

Looks fantastic!

Thank you very much...take care!

HI Mike, I'm glad to hear that. Pressing f2 or fn + f2 or Control + F2 should also increase the brightness and to decrease press fn+ f1 or f1

If you like my service please rate me as Positively. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,