Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My Macbook Pro screen begins to dissolve after being on for

My Macbook Pro screen begins to dissolve after being on for about 15 minutes, fractures into several partial pages then the computer freezes and I have to use the power button to turn it off. When I restart it the same thing happens.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

When did this problem started ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 days ago

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Does it happens when you leave it idle ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10.7.5

yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see how it goes.

First reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM and NVRAM

1. Turn off your Mac.
    2. Turn it back on and immediately hold down the Command(Apple)-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
    3. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
    4. Release the keys and let the Mac boot up.

Then reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;
    1. Turn your Mac off
    2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
    3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
    4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
    5. Press the power button to turn on the computer

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can coninue troubleshooting

Ashik, Mac Helper
    Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc