Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I just purchased final cut pro x from apple. I am currently

I just purchased final cut pro x from apple. I am currently running Mt. Lion but want
to go back to Snow Lepard. I can't find the serial number on my Final Cut Pro X
just bought it on Jan. 23, 2013.

can you tell me where the sn number is XXXXX ?

THANKS,

ED MAZUR
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
FCP X is downloaded through the App Store and you don't need a serial number you just sign in with your Apple ID to redownload it. Let me know if you need help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you saying all I need to do is go to the app store and re-download

Final Cut Pro x and I will be able to install it on the same computer,

but a new OS and I will not be asked for a sn

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just waiting for the answer to the reply below.. thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes if you are signed in with the same Apple ID. Can I ask why you are going back to Snow Leopard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 8,000 dollars worth of high end audio gear that will not work

in Mt Lion.

Also, I just went to the app store and attempted to download Final Cut

and I am not able to do so... it tells me " installed " where it would

normally say : download :

THe change in t he os has caused untold problems for those of us

running pro studios. 8,000 dollars of now unusable gear is a

unforgiveable hit

let's get this final cut pro thing fixed.

thanks.

ed

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll take your word on that. It won't say Install if it is already installed of course you will see Install when you go back to your old system and it is not installed any more.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

don't understand what you are saying. I have not un-installed it from

the old os yet

I want to certain when I install the new hardrive and place snow

leopard on it, i will be able to install FCP onto it.

Do I have to uninstall FCP first, and then install leopard on the new

hard drive ( in the same computer ) and then install FCPx

I don't want to un-install fcpx on the mt lion os and find out I cannot

install it on the new hard drive with snow leopard. I am not going to

use the old hard drive at this time, but there are numerous audio

sessions, mixes, tv commercials that I need to leave on there.

All I want to do is put in a new hard drive in the same computer,

install snow leopard and then install fcpx. Will i be able to download

another version of fcpx when I get to that point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have not heard from you....have you recieved my last two replies

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Going back to Snow Leopard is not an easy task I assumed you were clean installing from scratch. Yes you will be able to reinstall ALL apps that were previously bought on the App Store as long as you are signed in with that Apple ID again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, you assumed correctly. The new hard drive will be formatted and

virgin. If what you say is true, I should be good to go.

What if I sign out on this one, and when I get to actually doing this

sometime this week, it does not work. Do I loose my money ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh,

you said I could do this if I signed into the app store with same id.

I had to change the password ( forgot it ) and i could not re-use

it because it had been used within the last year.so I changed it.

will that matter.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

AS long as it is the same Apple ID. If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above.

You can come back at any time or get a refund later if not satisified, the customer is always right here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you rock. you get the best rating.. thanks. if I have to come back,

how is that done.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Bookmark this page or go to the link in the email you receive, good luck.
Mike, Mac Medic