Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

In Final Cut Pro 7, on a new iMac, only the left half of the

In Final Cut Pro 7, on a new iMac, only the left half of the Log and Capture appears. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

First check your hard drive with Disk Utility. Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

If all ok go here and download Preference Manager. Use it to back up (if need be) your FCP Preferences andt then to clear them. Restart the computer then try Log & Capture again. Let me know

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you try that or do you need help... it is a lot to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried it. The Drive was OK.

I downloaded the Manage preferences and ran it. But the problem is still there.

When I reduced the windows open in FCP, a little more of the Log and Capture screen appeared ,but it is still only about half there.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Please go to the Apple logo to Software Update
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have had the problem solved by a friend here.

Thank you for trying. I'll come back to you next time there is a difficult one.

the answer lay, as you were supposing, in the Preferences.

All the best

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK then trashing them (as I suggested) fixed it after restart right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I had to go through a different procedure to get a solution.

Only then was the problem solved. The Manage download did not prove effective.

You can keep my payment as credit for a future occasion.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but FYI if you don't Rate me at Ok or higher I get nothing, but you can still use that in future if you wish. If you used the Preference Manager correctly it would have trashed the Preference files and gone back to default window layout. Can you at least tell me what you did then? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is the rating scale? I don't see it.

I'm not expert enough to be able to describe what I did to get the solution.

I appreciate the help you provided, but it was not effective as far as I used it.

No hard feelings. It was a try.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I told you to trash the preferences using a free program to do for you, so I did my best. Please don't rate at all if you can't rate at Ok or higher. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX back again.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.