Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an ipad 2 and last night I was looking for a website

I have an ipad 2 and last night I was looking for a website on my website data on Safari and I saw that there were some really questionable and sexually explicit websites that I most certainly did not look up. How is this possible?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Are they are under History ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not that I know of. Why.

Did you mean those websites came automatically while browsing ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really have no idea. I didnt notice any of these websites while browsing quite honestly. These websites appeared in my website data functionality on Safari. Alot of websites were there actually, many of which I did not visit.

If you visit websites with ads or popups, sometimes they (ads) will save themselves to history/websites data. You won't notice them. I've just looked mine and it listed many websites that I didn't even looked for. Don't worry, your iPad is no infected with any viruses or malwares/spywares.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks. Next to the website in question was 1KB. So what I did was clear the website data and I opened the webiste and sure enough it appeared on the website data at 1KB. Does this mean that the website would have to be viewed in order to reflect 1KB? Surely if it was an ad it wouldnt have been 1kb?

If it is 1KB, then it must be a Cookie (click here) or any other small data about the site (saved from the ad). It would be more than 1KB if you actually viewed the website