Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I have a new ipod and can get no sound out of it. I have successfully

I have a new ipod and can get no sound out of it. I have successfully downloaded podcasts but cannot hear them.The radio just says 'no radio signal' and the earplugs make no difference. I have returned it to reset settings after fiddling with no effect [email protected]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the iPod...:(

Don't worry. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Which iPod is it? iPod nano/touch/classic? And is it the one with the touch screen?

How long have you been facing this issue?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Classic with touch screen.Since I bought it last week

Classic does not have a touch screen. So probably you are using a nano.

Lets try a reset first. If it is the newest nano, press and hold the sleep button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. If you are not having a home button, let me know. The reset process is a bit different for that.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue. Also, make sure the headphones fit completely into the iPod. There is a know issue that if it is not completely inserted, there won't be any sound.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That has not helped. Have checked the earphones and have also tried others

Have you tried the reset? If that did not work, we need to try the restore.

Let's open iTunes in the Computer and connect the iPod
Now your iPod name would be listed to the left side of the iTunes, below "devices". (If it is the latest itunes, your ipod name would be listed to the top right corner of the itunes). Click on the iPod name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find the restore button. Restore it and lets see whether that resolves your issue.

If not,I am sorry to say this, but I would like to be honest with you. If a restore cannot resolve the sound problem, it is a hardware issue and you need to get it replaced. Since it is only a week old, you will get a replacement for free from an apple store or by calling apple care.

Let me know if you have any issues with the restore.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That has not helped. I will contact Apple. Thanks

I am sorry..:(

It is a hardware issue and needs a replacement.