David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

How to restore ipad after four weeks off. Cant get it to do

How to restore ipad after four weeks off. Cant get it to do anything except tell me it needs a backup. Cant turn off or on and cant get it to sync.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Have you tried resetting it? This doesn't restore it, it just restarts it.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together, for at least 30 seconds or until the screen restarts.

If you can reset it like that, then you should also be able to fix any other problems.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks in advance,
David.
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Please post your replies in this thread. Then we can take it step by step, and have all step on here to review if we need to.

Thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my response??
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I receive whatever you can see on this page, only the replies you put here.

Did you see my reply from earlier, where I asked to hold the Home and Sleep/Wake button?

I hope this is OK, that you can see your replies on this page,

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive done the reset with success. Im now trying to sync or re sync. Will i have trouble with that? The original syncc was done by my daughter and we lost the pasword and ID that was used.
As i tried to re do I dont get the slection list thats supposed to be on the left of the itunes screen. Why not
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I think it sounds like you are using a newer version of iTunes than the one you are accustom to.

In the newest version of iTunes the sidebar list is hidden by default.

Click the View menu, and click Show Sidebar, and you should see the sidebar.

No you can select the device to restore it.

If you are setting it up with a new Apple ID you will lose any App Store purchased content on it, and will need to download Apps to it with the new Apple ID.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified