David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

In Mac Mail program my INBOX does not show my messages? Other

Customer Question

In Mac Mail program my INBOX does not show my messages? Other boxes show up, like SENT, TRASH, etc. Please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

If it is a Yahoo account, is it a Yahoo plus account. Do you pay a subscription?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No pay. It is old account that was free-Yahoo was taken over buy ATT, that is when problems all started. The last two weeks it has sked for my password about every time I open mail in MAC. My account is a free one (one of ten allowed free) under my husbands Yahoo account. He has a e-mail also.

Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

Then the problem is that Yahoo! email only works through a web browser, unless you upgrade to a Plus account.

You can see on this page that Offline POP to view in a Mail client is only available with a $19.99 a year subscription:

I have spent a long time in the past troubleshooting only to realize this myself, and it was quite frustrating.

You could upgrade to Plus, but there are far better features with the alternatives such as an email address or

Let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,