MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

my i ipod touch has no sound ..the earphones work but no m

my i ipod touch has no sound ..the earphones work but no music?

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for your inquiry

MacTechTrainer :

after you restored your iPod Touch, did you upgrade to iOS 6.1 ?

Customer:

when I went to listen to my i pod touch this morning there was no sound when I tried to listen to music..the headphones are fine though and yes have iOS 6.1

MacTechTrainer :

(newest upgrade for the iOS (iPhone Operating System) software for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch models)

MacTechTrainer :

Ok ok

MacTechTrainer :

sorry I meant "Oh ok"

MacTechTrainer :

excuse my typo

Customer:

ok

MacTechTrainer :

Now when you attempted to access your sound from the iPod with your earphones and heard nothing, did you also attempt to playback music without the earphones, to see if you could hear any sound then?

Customer:

i will try that now

MacTechTrainer :

Ok

Customer:

everything while there is greyed out..and still no sound

MacTechTrainer :

and the grey out you are seeing is from within the songs playlist within the Music app?

Customer:

yes

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for confirming that for me.

MacTechTrainer :

Have you attempted to re-sync your playlists from iTunes back into your iPod Touch since the restore?

Customer:

yes

MacTechTrainer :

I am asking because greyed out details in the Music App, indicate, although the music is displaying in your iPod Touch, the actual songs did not transfer over or in doing so, did not complete properly

Customer:

that is also greyed out

MacTechTrainer :

so there is a way I believe, to work around this, to correct the problem

MacTechTrainer :

When you say "that is also greyed out" are you referring to the Music App itself?

Customer:

like i mentioned i was listening to music last night ..everything was fine til i turned it on this morning

MacTechTrainer :

No I understand that- I am just trying to key in on what you meant when you stated "that is also greyed out"- can you specify for me of what "that" is , given I do already know the music in your iPod Touch is greyed out.

MacTechTrainer :

are you referring to the songs in iTunes directly?

MacTechTrainer :

Just making sure I am on the same page with you

Customer:

both the i tunes icon and app store appear on my desktop i.e display fine when i go to music at the bottomall songs display as greyed

MacTechTrainer :

ok got it- thanks

MacTechTrainer :

Let's test this out

MacTechTrainer :

if you would, pick a song within your iPod Touch and locate that song in your iTunes library

MacTechTrainer :

When you find that same song from your iPod Touch in iTunes library, play it back in iTunes to make sure it works

MacTechTrainer :

if it does, I want you to go into the iPod Touch settings, and delete that song from the iPod Touch playlist within iTunes

MacTechTrainer :

after you do this, I want you to sync your iPod Touch and once the sync is done, check to make sure that the song is now also removed from your iPod Touch within the iPod Touch Music App

MacTechTrainer :

If it is removed, THEN

MacTechTrainer :

I want you to re-add that song from your iTunes library, back into the iPod Touch playlist in iTunes, sync the iPod Touch again

MacTechTrainer :

and once the sync is completed, go back into the iPod Touch directly and try that song

Customer:

now my i tunes on my mac book will not open either

MacTechTrainer :

this is to check the quality of the transfer to make sure the song is being properly transferred from iTunes

MacTechTrainer :

oh really

MacTechTrainer :

It is freezing up with the spinning pinwheel?

Customer:

it just opened and i can hear a demo song from the store

Customer:

now it seems to be finally synching???!!! let's see

MacTechTrainer :

alright- now that is what I like to read:)

Customer:

it s more than half way??

MacTechTrainer :

I will get you back up one way or another, so keep me posted- watching closely for your updates

Customer:

almost done?

MacTechTrainer :

You mean the syncing process?

Customer:

that seems to have done it..music is back..all is good!!!

MacTechTrainer :

excellent- and no grey out?

Customer:

nothin except me a little thanks

Thank you for the Accept. I hope the information I provided you, has helped you resolve your Mac technical issue.

However, remember, an "Accept" is not the end of the session, especially if you still have questions or you find your issue is still not resolved after accepting my initial answer.

So please, feel free to reply again, if you still have questions regarding the question I just answered for you.

If you are satisfied with the Answer(s) provided you, however, we appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback of our service, as we are always striving to continually provide the best possible customer service experience for you, here with JustAnswer.com

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Sincerest Regards,

Terry, ("MacTechTrainer")
Sr. Mac Support Specialist