comp_audio
comp_audio, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5+ years mac support experience ready to help you.
44312836

Hi I spilt some fluid on the keyboard last night and wiped

Customer Question

Hi I spilt some fluid on the keyboard last night and wiped it off.No I hear the startup noise but the screen is black....?
Category: Mac
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

comp_audio :

Hello, Chances are that fluid has seeped through the ends of the keyboard down to the mainboard. Did you turn it off right away or did you leave it turned on right after you spilled the liquid?

Customer:

I left it turned on

Customer:

Are you there?

comp_audio :

OK, then chances are that the liquid might have damaged the main-board My recommendation is to take your mac into a local Mac shop for diagnostics. Do you still have a warranty on the system? If so did you get the no hassle warranty? If you did it would still be covered. let me know and I will still assist you if I can.

Customer:

I have no idea? How can I find out?

comp_audio :

Do you have a local MAC shop in your area?

Customer:

Dont know..

comp_audio :

what is your zip code?

comp_audio :

I can look it up for you.

Customer:

SE21 7DN

comp_audio :

How did you buy your mac, through the internet or at a store?

comp_audio :

You will need to type out the numbers please

comp_audio :

like five, five, three, zero, nine

Customer:

Bought it on line.

comp_audio :

OK, how long ago?

Customer:

SE twenty one seven DN

Customer:

Bought it around Jan 2012

comp_audio :

It may still be in warranty. Give me the serial number and the model number and I can try an look it up for you.

Customer:

ok do i need to spell all numbers!

comp_audio :

try it normal first

Customer:

C17GW916DV13

comp_audio :

to verify it that is your serial number?

Customer:

yes

comp_audio :

what model is it?

Customer:

Macbookpro

comp_audio :

ok, thanks. I will be back in a couple minutes

comp_audio :

Do you still have your reciept?

Customer:

Not sure why?

Customer:

I have applecare protection plan certificate which expires01/12/2013

comp_audio :

It will tell you on that what warranty you purchased with it. Here is your warranty information. however I need to know what additional warranty you purchased. If you bought a protection plan that covers accidents then your good to go. But your receipt will tell us this info.

Valid Purchase Date

A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.

Telephone Technical Support: Active

Your product is eligible for telephone technical support under the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Estimated Expiration Date: January 6, 2015

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active

Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under the AppleCare Protection Plan.

Covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan

The AppleCare Protection Plan is a unique service and support solution that extends the complimentary coverage of your Apple product.

Customer:

I just have emails from apple when I bought it.

Customer:

I just have the emails from Apple when I bought it

Customer:

There is a part number ?

comp_audio :

On your original invoice from apple, there should be a line that talks about warranty and type of coverage. Do you see anything for that?

comp_audio :

You should see something like "Plan Agreement Number"...

Customer:

Yes it's XXXXXXXXXX /p>

comp_audio :

the numbers are blocked type them out by seperating them by a space like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Customer:

7 8 3 8 6 7 0 9 8 6

comp_audio :

Okay, I have found that the only way to find out, is to call the support number. They can then determine your eligibility. Do you want the number to call them? It really all depends on if you purchased a support plan that covers accidents.

Customer:

I'll call them .Will they be there now? Any idea where the nearest mac place is?

comp_audio :

Are you in the USA?

Customer:

OK dont worry I'll check it out .thanks

comp_audio, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 5+ years mac support experience ready to help you.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.
It was my greatest pleasure to assist you with your question. If you ever need more help feel free to come back and ask for me, pctech. Thank you again.
Sincerely,