Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

i was facetimed on my i pad and when it said decline or accept

Customer Question

i was facetimed on my i pad and when it said decline or accept neither button would work although i could speak to the caller but could not see them - just myself on full screen. when it came to end call. my i pad would not switch off and has been frozen on the callers email address since 7pm yesterday can someone help please? diane
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Don't worry. Lets try a reset. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue. If not, we will try the next steps.

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing has happened

When you held down both the power button (at the top right corner) and the home button (round button below he screen); did not you get an apple logo?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no ive still got the email address on the screen from yesterday

Lets hold down the power button and the home button together for 30 sec. Lets see whether you get an apple logo.

If not, lets connect it to a computer and open iTunes in the computer. Now try a restore from the computer. After the restore is complete, select the option " restore from backup"

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive got on to itunes but dont know how to restore diane

No problem, Diane. I will help you.

Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad. Your iPad name would be listed to the left side of the iTunes, below "devices". (If you are using the latest iTunes, your iPad name would be listed to the top right). Did you find it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its my husbands ipad but i gave you my email address should i have used his email? ive got ipad connected to my computer diane

Email is not an issue. Have you find the iPad name listed in iTunes? If not, download the latest version of iTunes by going to

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i havent found it

I am sorry, Diane..:(

It could be because your computer is not able to read the frozen iPad.

Lets try a reset on the iPad with the iPad connected to the computer. Connect the iPad to the computer. Wait 5 minutes. Now try a reset by pressing and holding the power button and home button together for 40 sec.

If you still don't get any apple logo, I am sorry, it needs service. You can try a wait until the battery drains out. If that too does not work, I would suggest you to take it into any apple store nearby.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again thankyou for trying to help me - i let the battery drain and then put it on charge - it still isnt working so it will have to go to apple store to be fixed diane