Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

When I send a video Ive taken from my iPhone to my laptop

When I send a video I've taken from my iPhone to my laptop (even one that's a few seconds long), I am unable to open it. An error window appears, stating that Windows Media Player can't open the file.
I spoke with an Apple Tech, and he had me email the video to him. He was able to open it on his Mac and on his iPad.
When I sent it to my husband's computer, he also couldn't open it - until he downloaded QuickTime. However, I also downloaded QuickTime, and I still can't open it (and I still get the same Windows error message). In addition, my friend was also unable to open it (or any other video I record and send from my iPhone).
Any idea why this is happening?
Hi, I will assist with this issue,

Please download and install the K-Lite codec, and check:
; click on "Download Now(13,460 kb)" to download and install

If that does not work, please download and install the VLC Player, and see if that video can be played with VLC Player program:

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a problem downloading K-lite codec, but will try again later. I'll let you know if either download solves the problem (but I'll rate you now). Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. If needed, try the VLC player first. OK, let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you