Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

RA -RDE

Customer Question

HI I have Macbook Pro 17 early 2012. 10.8.2 I have a program called citrix to logg on to see information where I work. The problem is when I download the software for mac and run the program it stops and says that it cannot be installed because a newer version is in my disk and shows yellow ! on my harddrive. I used spot light and finder and found one installed back in 2010 and it will not work. Any suggsetions mybe a clean restore when I install SSD.

Mark
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Greetings Mark,

The way to fix this problem is to first remove the old version of Citrix and then install the version that you are attempting to install.

You can go to the Applications folder, click and drag the Citrix item to the trash folder, and then install your version.

Please, keep me updated.

- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I need to download from web. I deleted all but could not find the app to uninstall?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I do not understand your last post.

Earlier, you stated that you were able to find the older version on your Mac via Spotlight. Delete that and reinstall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could not find it.

Mark I will look again

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was able to logg in and when I click on Lawson it jumps to text edit with

list of hotkeys it should open to my company records my check ect?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I do not understand your last post.

I assume that "Lawson" is a reference to your remote work network.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did scan with finder and spotlight.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Okay.
Do that, please. Find it, remove it, and reinstall your new version.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was saying when I clicked on Lawson protal text came up with lunch.ica text?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I will assume that "Lawson protal" is "Lawson Portal".

I don't know what a "lunch.ica" is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I downloaded and it did come up like before. :(

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Okay.

May I ask, if you still against me remoting in and fixing this in a few minutes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you do that

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Instructions for running the remote application:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, choose to RUN the application.
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, please, open the Downloads window and double click the Elsinore... application. (FIREFOX: In the top menu bar, click TOOLS > DOWNLOADS) (SAFARI: In the top menu bar, click Window > Downloads
- If you are using Google Chrome, please, click the Elsinore... button on the bottom left of your screen after it downloads.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=25175649-7c2a-4ac4-8bb2-0a894e719611&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It still spinnig turn off fire walls

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to download and run the Elsinore... file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes update java but elsionore keeps spinning

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Open Safari
- In the top menu bar, click Safari
- Click EMPTY CACHE (reset Safari)
- Click the Empty button
- In the top menu bar, click Safari again
- Click Reset Safari
- Reset

Come back to this page and run the remote link once more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did every thing made safari and your app says unable to to launch

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

For some reason, the remote is not working for you.

Back to the last item we were discussing.

What does this mean?

"list of hotkeys it should open to my company records my check ect?"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just rebooted

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

What does this mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats was on the text when I clicked on the app Lawson? Never saw that before.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking me if that is what you saw in the Citrix applicatino or are you telling me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I log in and then clicked on app lawson which has all my info at the hospital, instead a sheet text edit pop up with all page of info.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for the help my hard drive is encrypted

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have a test login widow

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi we tried to use a remote from your end and could not connect.
Yes because the hospital is telling all employees that on the 12 of feb
Citrix cannot be used on a PC but a Mac is okay!

I am going to try to download to my iPad 4 if this works I would be all set.
I will keep you posted.

Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes lets keep intouch to see if we can solve this.

Mark I do have a test logon when I called apple care that might help.

We could not get remote to work.

I am going to sleep at this time.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at work and will be free around
Noon on 2-4-13

Mark