Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

Now is the 5th time I am typing my problem ; I have been at this for an hour and a half. When I use Safari lately the online screen I request never appears----a blue line goes through http:/wwww and then it stops. the little circle keeps rotating but the screen hardly ever comes up. I keep trying and I have gotten as far as step 3 but I have not been able to complete the confirmation .
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.

- Open Safari browser
- In the top menu bar, click Safari
- Click EMPTY CACHE
- Click the Empty button
- In the top menu bar, click Safari again
- Click Reset Safari
- Select all boxes
- Click Reset
, then check.

If that does not work, please download and install Firefox browser at
http://www.firefox.com/
, then close Safari, then open Firefox and go to websites in Firefox and see if it works fine in Firefox.

- Open Safari browser
- In the top menu bar, click Safari
- Click EMPTY CACHE
- Click the Empty button
- Click Reset Safari
- Select all boxes
- Click Reset

If there is still any issue, please download and install Firefox browser at
http://www.firefox.com/
, then close Safari, open Firefox and go to the website www.hotmail.com in Firefox and log in and see if you can upload attachments in Firefox.

(Note: if needed, you can download/save Firefox from a working computer, then transfer over via a USB / flash drive, then install, and then use Firefox and check.)

If it does not work, please let me know; I will find another solution. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been having a bad time and am very discouraged. I did what you said re: emptied cache on Safari; I checked all boxes and then clicked Reset and tried safari again. On the third try I got online but then when I tried it a few more times I was never able to get online with Safari again. I already had Firefox and I had already tried Firefox. Mostly it worked but my daughter has a few anti-virus programs on Firefox which makes it difficult and time consuming to use. I am now replying to you using Firefox. I went to hotmail as you advised but I couldn't get in because I don't have a hotmail account. should I open a hotmail email account and would you explain why you want me to do hotmail. Thank you very much.

You're welcome. No, you don't need to sign in hotmail account as you don't have hotmail. Just go to your email website and use your email there.

If you don't like Firefox and/or you want to check if Google Chrome browser works better
https://www.google.com/chrome

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I never got to read your reply of yesterday afternoon because I was unable to get online again and into my email-----no matter whether I used Safari or Firefox. I tried getting on line on and off---but constantly---from 5 o'clock in the afternoon until I went to bed at midnight. Once in a great while a home screen for either Firefox or Safari would appear but I never could get any further. By the late evening

, 10 or 11----i never was able to connect to either Firefox or Safari.

But i got an idea last night and I am going to try it. I wanted to order a new book from the Kindle Store for my Ereader but I wasn't able to eatablish a wireless connection. This never happened before. In fact I just used my Kindle to order two new books two days ago. So maybe the problem is with the wireless connection. I am going to try and work on it. I am not very good with computers---I am 80 years old and none of my family are around to help me.

Please try:

- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless internet modem/router for a few minutes, then reconnect.

- If you have a leather (or any other) cover on the kindle, please remove it. Then press & hold (or slide & hold) the power button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

, then go to Wi-Fi/wireless settings on the kindle and make sure the kindle is connected to your wireless network name.

Please let me know if there is any error message. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I told you in my previous email from this morning, I got the idea myself that the wireless connection might be at fault when I was unable to order a new book on my wireless Kindle. So after I replied to you, I looked up the trouble shooting booklet that came with the Linksys router I have and followed the directions underneath the caption "What to do if you have trouble getting on the Internet." I did as instructed and now my computer AND my Kindle are working perfectly well again.

I don't want to check poor service or bad service from you but on the other hand, I solved this problem totally all by myself and I don't see any reason why I should pay JustAnswer for service. I am not unhappy with the service ad I would use it again but in this case, you were not able to help me and after trying two of your suggestions which did not solve the problem, I solved it on my own. What would you suggest I check on the survery; keeping in mind that I do not intend to pay $58 for your services. Thank you.

You're welcome. I'm sorry, since you internet connection could not work, so you could not get back to me earlier at all, so I could help further. I thought the issue was only with your computer (not the router), as you did not mention that other device, the kindle, did not work either.

But I'm gladly you got it working. Don't worry, since you have resolved the issue, I'm going to cancel this transaction. Please come back next time if you have any other computer/electronic question/issue; we guarantee our service. Thank you