Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

ra:sa

Customer Question

Hi I have an ipad2 and when i updated the lasted software it quit i can turn it on but only the apple shows
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the ipad after the update...:(

Don't worry. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo (the ipad will go off and come back on with an apple in 10-15 sec).

let me know whether this resolves your issue. If not, we will try the next steps.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no nothing but the apple logo cam on

Ok. Wait a couple of minutes and see whether it goes to the home page.

If not, Let's try restoring the ipad in recovery mode.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad.

Now, on the ipad, Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the ipad now and finally select the option "restore from backup" and choose the latest backup.

Let me know whether this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now om ipad

t shows an itunes logo and my plug frp

The ipad is in recovery mode now.

Did not your computer give a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode?

If not, probably you don't have itunes installed in the computer or the itunes you have is outdated.

Try downloading the latest version of itunes by going to

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Now, try the recovery mode technique.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still nothing

:(

Let's connect the ipad to a different USB port. (also turn off the firewall and antivirus in your computer, if any).

Then try this method again. Let me know if the computer does not give any recovery mode message.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it has locked me out of itunes because i cant remember my password XXXXX be 8hr before i can try again n

There is no need for your apple id to start restoring the iPad. No need to sign in to iTunes.

Just open it and try to restore the iPad. Are you still not able to receive the recovery mode message?

Check this too. Your iPad name would be listed to the top right corner of the iTunes. When you click there, do you find the "restore" button to the middle of the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing is working I give up

I am sorry, Jimmie...:(

I would suggest you can try restoring from a different computer, if you have one.

If that too does not work, please take it into any apple store nearby and they would restore it for you.

You can find the apple store and make reservations by going to

www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar
Jimmie, I see that you have rated my service as poor. Please understand that we are not apple and therefore have he limitations. I am here to help you and I believe I have done that the best way I can. If you believe my service was poor, I will take that, if not, I would appreciate if you can reverse the rating.