Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

my java player is not working I keep getting "missing interactive

my java player is not working I keep getting "missing interactive plug in."
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mac osx version 10.6.8

2.5 GHz intel core i5

memory 4 GB 1333 HMz DDR3

It may require the latest version of Java which will only work with Lion or Mountain lion. Would you like to upgrade to Mountain Lion?

Recommended Version 7 Update 13 (filesize: 50.3 MB)
Mac OS X System Requirements

Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later.*
Administrator privileges for installation
64-bit browser
Note that installing Java on a Mac is performed on a system wide basis, for all users, and administrator privileges are required. You cannot install Java on a single-user basis.

A 64-bit browser (Safari or Firefox, for example) is required to run Java 7 on Mac OS X. 32-bit browsers such as Chrome do not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you upgrade to mountain lion without first upgrading to lion?

Yes you can. First do this:

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not succes
sful let me know.

If all is ok then go here and start the process. It may take a few hours so be prepared for that:

after you can download Java here:

Let me know if you get stuck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the verify disc was green, so I clicked on repair permissions, that is going to take a little time, how will I know if it is successful.

As long as it finishes you are good it usually doesn't take as long as it says.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I will continue until done and I have printed your links for I tunes and Java. Thanks for the help. Can I download mountain lion before bed time tonight and just let it go or do I need to be on watch for anything I will need to do.

No you don't have to watch it that is a good way to do it.