Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

Please let me know what you need Im not sure what more to

Please let me know what you need I'm not sure what more to say.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 1 year ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Jesse :

Do you have another question that you were communicating with an expert on?

Customer:

No

Jesse :

Okay, unfortunately I don't see your issue, only that you're using an iBook. Would you mind describing it here for me?

Customer:

Ah - then there was another enquiry - to do with obtaining system disks. I bought an old Ibook for my wife ( Model 6497, Serial no UV1281 LCLAL) and I need to clean it out and do a fresh install. I was told by my son that The disks are specific to the machine and I need to contact Apple to obtain them. The machine is running OS X version 10,4.11

Customer:

Oh - and the machine is a Mac Powerbook 4,1

Jesse :

Okay, I won't over write another Expert if you've been working with someone, but I can offer advice on obtaining those discs.

Customer:

I didn't get any cotact with another expert - I had only typed in this same query.

Jesse :

Okay, then I'll be happy to help.

Customer:

thanks

Jesse :

You don't need to obtain system specific discs, just a 10.4 install disc set, which you can get from places like eBay and Amazon. You can get one here for instance.

Customer:

And the price would Be?

Jesse :

I will also say that some Apple stores have these discs and will reinstall the OS at no cost for you.

Jesse :

It's usually between $100-$150.

Customer:

I think I'l try for an Apple store then!

Jesse :

I would advise you make a genius bar appointment, and maybe even call ahead to ask if they have those discs. Not all of them will, I just know the store I worked at did.

Customer:

May thanks for the advice

Jesse :

No problem, let me know if you need anything else, and positive feedback is always appreciated.

Customer:

Bye

Jesse :

Have a good one.

Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience