Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

RA-RP

Customer Question

My internet went down yesterday morning, and when it returned I was enable to play games on Pogo site. Says java needed...Well my java is and was enabled...Happened on both my imac and macbook air....Even followed their instructions...disabled and enabled....What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Safari

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

0k

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Instructions for running the remote application:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, choose to RUN the application.
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, please, open the Downloads window and double click the Elsinore... application. (FIREFOX: In the top menu bar, click TOOLS > DOWNLOADS) (SAFARI: In the top menu bar, click Window > Downloads
- If you are using Google Chrome, please, click the Elsinore... button on the bottom left of your screen after it downloads.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=9ac3cc59-7ab8-4b2a-9905-4141cb3ac528&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Guess nothing happened???

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The remote link expires after 10 minutes. It has been a few hours.

Please, post a message here when you are ready to continue and ready for a new link.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long will this take?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got an email from the game site, Pogo. They said that apple blocked Java, and the only way to fix it is if you have Java 1.07.3 or higher ...Unfortunately I have 1.06 They gave a link where you could get update 11 for 1.07.3 or higher to fix it.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Which Internet browser are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safari
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Safari

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

When you attempt to install the java update, what error are you given?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't tried with the alternative they gave me. I installed update 11 for 1.06 without a problem yesterday

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Let's try this.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Open Safari
- In the top menu bar, click Safari
- Click EMPTY CACHE (reset Safari)
- Click the Empty button
- In the top menu bar, click Safari again
- Click Reset Safari
- Reset

Please, verify that it is working now.

More often than not, such an issues arises when something with the Safari configuration becomes corrupt. The instructions above will remove the corruption. The instructions above can be used any time in the future if you have another problem with Safari.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.....