Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

Itune said to update ipad software and now says a complete

Customer Question

Itune said to update ipad software and now says a complete reboot is necessary. Now I get the picture of a usb cable to itune
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

If that does not work:

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes program on your computer (make sure you iTunes program is up to date.)
  • On the iPad , press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After about 10 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore.

Please reply if it does not work. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same problem again, iPad cannot, or will not, reboot. Says it must reboot and when I try, it says it found an unknown error (6)

I'm sorry. You did try the 2nd suggestion right?

Do you have another computer to try on?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I tried the second suggestion. I can set up my laptop to try this out but it will take some time. How do I get back to you after I try it?

You can bookmark/add to favorites this web page and/or check your email for message from JustAnswer later in order to get back to me via this web page. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, doing so now.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you still on line?

Yes, how is it going? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Laptop up and running VISTA. Now I get an error saying there was an error in the iPad software download and I'm dead in the water. I tried some of the earlier steps you suggested with no results. Now what?

I'm sorry, there could be issue with the iPad hardware, but let me open the issue to other professionals; please do not rate or wait; you will get an email/reply when there is another answer.

Thank you
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your issues.

That means the update download got corrupted. That is why your ipad did not updated properly.

After done the steps mentioned by the other expert, did itunes prompt to Restore your ipad?

If yes, did iTunes download the software update to restore?