webpagesby22
webpagesby22, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.
61542057

my new ipad is password XXXXX and message says ipad disabled,

my new ipad is password XXXXX and message says ipad disabled, connect to itunes
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a computer (mac or PC) with iTunes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, pc with iTunes

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please connect the iPad to the USB cable that came with it, and connect the cable to the computer.

What happens?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing, message on ipad is still the same "ipad is disabled, connect to iTunes"

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Is the iPad connect to the computer, and iTunes is running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok, great.

Do you see an iPad icon in iTunes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Disconnect it from the computer, then reconnect - but a different USB port this time.

What happens?

Thanks,

J
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing so far

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I will forward the question back to the expert pool. As soon as another expert picks up the question, you will be notified.

Please do NOT answer this question, since it will lock it and prevent other experts from answering.

J.
Expert:  webpagesby22 replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
Turn off iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for iPad to turn off.
If you cannot turn off iPad using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the iPad turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPad. When you reconnect the USB cable, iPad should power on.

Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button:

If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

Use iTunes to restore iPad.
Experience: I have eight years of experience working with Macs and Windows machines in corporate enviroments.