Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I have a mac book pro 10.8.2 i usually run safari. I would

I have a mac book pro 10.8.2 i usually run safari. I would like to know how to I delete downloads that i would permantly like to get rid of?
Hello. Thank you for the question. If you are looking to delete things you have downloaded from Safari, you can do the following:

1) Launch Safari
2) Click the "Safari" menu item on the top left corner of the screen (to the right of the Apple logo)
3) Click Preferences
4) On the tab that says "General", look for the setting towards the bottom that says "Save Downloaded Files To..." and note the location
5) Now open "Finder". To do this, just click the Finder icon in your dock. It looks like a square icon with a smiley face and a nose
6) Navigate to the location noted in step 4

From here you can select any files you want to delete, right-click them and select "Move to Trash"

Once you have all the items you want in your trash, click the track icon in your dock and select "Empty"

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. If needed, we can do a remote session where I can see your screen to guide you further. Thanks again!