Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

I have an iPad II with 6.0 OS, wi fi and ATT 4G. Will it work

Customer Question

I have an iPad II with 6.0 OS, wi fi and ATT 4G. Will it work in Australia and New Zealand?

Can I add my wife's email account to it?

DanDuval XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for the question. Are you planning on using this device permanently in Australia and New Zealand, or are you just taking it with you for a vacation? As for adding an email account, you can certainly do that and I'll be happy to help once we sort out the roaming question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We will be there just one month.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick reply. All you need to do is purchase an international data plan from AT&T so that your bill does not incur exuberant roaming charges for using it overseas. I usually go in to an AT&T store to do this when I travel, but you can do it online as well. You have a number of options as far as how much data you purchase. If you are planning on using the device liberally and are going to be there a full month, you'll probably want to purchase the largest data plan unless you know you will be using Wi-Fi most of the time (which does not count towards data usage). Here are the plans and prices you can purchase through AT&T:

120MB for $30
300MB for $60
800MB for $120

I usually travel over-seas for a week at a time and typically use about 100MB a week, being mindful that I am capped under the plan. I was in Brazil for 3 weeks last year and used a little under 400MB, but there was no Wi-Fi where I was so I was always on that AT&T data network.
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a second question......ad another email address to iPad
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Yes, what kind of email address is it? Our web site blocks email addresses from being entered on the page for your security, so please just write the name of the email type (ie - comcast, aol, yahoo) rather than typing your actual email address. Once I know the type of email I can provide directions to add the account to your iPad. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yahoo is the email provider
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. In order to add Yahoo, you can do one of the following:

1) Go to the App Store on your iPad and download the Yahoo app. Once you have downloaded the app, just open it and sign in with your Yahoo account. You can check and send your mail from there.

2) Add your Yahoo account to your mail accounts on the iPad. To do this:

Tap Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Tap "Add Account"
Select "Yahoo" from the list
Enter your name, full email address, password, and a short description of the account (the description can be anything you choose)

Once you've added this information, go to your Mail on the iPad. If it opens to your other account, tap the account on the top left of the screen and it will bring you to all your Mailboxes. You can switch to the Yahoo mail account to check or send mail from that account.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!