Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am using final cut pro 7 to edit 50 videos. On average these

I am using final cut pro 7 to edit 50 videos. On average these videos are about 5 min long and all I am doing is adding title cards and 5 seconds of generators (solids). For example one of the videos I modified was 1 gb originally and after i got done with it it became 3 gb, how could that be? The files are becoming too large and I don't know why since I'm not adding too much onto them. My settings are 1080phd, 1920X1080, 23.98 p.
Are you referring to the final exported movie?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am! Once it's been exported the file has somehow increased by double it's size and I don't know why since I only added 10 seconds to it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also, once I was done I was told to export it as a quicktime movie

Choose h264 compression that should bring it down.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, How would I do that? Sorry I'm knew to the program! However, these videos are HD quality and will be shown on an HD projector, if I compress them will it affect the visual quality of the videos?

Blue-Ray disks use that same compression so it should be fine. Is there a problem with the file size other than you don't understand why it is happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! No, I don't think so, but do you know why it's happening? It's just strange to me why it would double in size when I only added so little to it. Also, How would I compress them to that setting?

I am now using FCP X so I can't look directly but this is a good tutorial. Let me know if you can follow it or you get stuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRMB0LtM0zY