Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.

I have just installed a Hewlett Packard 5520e printer and downloaded

Customer Question

I have just installed a Hewlett Packard 5520e printer and downloaded the supporting app. I can send an email to the printer and it prints but when I just try and print generally from a web page or a picture a prompt box appear to select a printer then it tells me no air printer located ? I just want to be able to press print regardless of what I am in, is there another app I am missing for air print
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.

I would like to provide information and assistance with regard to the problem mentioned in your question.

But first I will need to ask about some details of the case, before I can offer an appropriate and accurate answer to your question:

- What is the supporting app you downloaded for the HP printer to print from the iPad?

- In case it matters... I doubt it, but it might... what is your email system on the iPad? (not the email address, just the name of the program or app that you use to access emails.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi the app is the Hewlett Packard eprint one from the apple store. Not sure what you mean about the email thing, I am just using what came as standard on the ipad ?
That's good enough information, thanks.

states that the HP model 5520 supports Apple AirPrint, which means you should be able to print to it from anything on your iPad... provided both the iPad and the AirPrint-capable wireless printer are on the same wifi network.
And provided your iPad is running the Lion or the Mountain Lion version of MAC OS X.

AirPrint is driverless and so strictly speaking does not need an app.

It's true that you have the 5520e version, not the 5520, but that may not matter.

Let me know if you need further help getting this to work.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply To Expert " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi how can I check if the ipad is running lion or mountain lion of mac osx ?also I only have one wireless connection and both ipad and printer are on it, still can't print unless I email it to the printer
Click on the multicolored Apple logo, then choose About This Mac, to see the MAC OS X version on your iPad. Let me know what it is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really and dumb with this I know, I do not know where the multicoloured apple logo is on my ipad ?

may explain the process better than I just did... also it's possible the logo is solid black as shown on this page, rather than multicolored.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi does ios 6.0.1 mean anything, found it under the general heading in the settings on the ipad
Thank you for providing that information: your iPad is the type that runs Apple iOS 6.

Unfortunately I know little about iOS and so must Opt Out of this question, opening it to any other Expert in this category that can help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your efforts
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Mac, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I still don't seem to be able to air print from any page on the Ipad, only by emailing a page to the wireless printer in my home so I would be happy to wait for anyone who may be able to help

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another expert to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Happy to wait thanks

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source, or we can keep your deposit on your account here for future questions.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,