Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My problem is that the capture mode in Final Cut Express has

Customer Question

My problem is that the capture mode in Final Cut Express has changed in ways I don't like. Previously when i captured a clip, it appeared in the browser window as a single icon whatever the length and number of camera shot stop starts. . Now, for some reason, the system breaks it up into a series of icons, a new one for every shot in the chosen clip. Too many icons now in the browser winbow

Related to this, the capture window which opens, is different. It is now very simple, Just, HDV capture , file name and two buttons , capture and cancel. No bin name option, no "now" button. I want me old capture window back
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are you referring to Final Cut Express 4?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How does this work? do i stay in this page for answers? it gets covered with pop ups for other offers.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Did you look under Import Settings in Log & Capture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where do I find that? I dont see anything on the tool bar or in user prefrecnes with those names

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
In the Log & Capture window next to Logging:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've never seen this window you picture and dont know where to find it.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
The I don't know how you are importing your video, that is how it is done:

http://www.izzyvideo.com/learn-final-cut-express-pt1/15-log-and-transfer-in-final-cut-express/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I see the video. But somehow my PC has muted itself and i can't get the sound to the video at the moment. I friend who has remote access to my PC is working on that, but till then i can;'t see if the video you sent answers my question

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
OK let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I solved my sound problem and played the video. it was no help becuse he's talking about capturing from a memory card and not from tape as I'm doing. He doesn't talk about using the capture button at all.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Yes I was just showing you where that was, you use the same procedure. I assumed you would go to the course index it is here:

http://www.izzyvideo.com/learn-final-cut-express-pt1/14-capture-footage-in-final-cut-express/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I watched the opening segnment on capture which showed what I already know. he did not touch on my problwen whis that the capture p[rocess breaks the footage up, shot by shot, into separate browser icons.Sorry. Mike, KI think I nneed to either speak on the phone or with someone more familiar with FCE.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but you said "I've never seen this window you picture and dont know where to find it." If you never saw that window before how did you already know that? I'm confused. Make sure you are not using the Capture Clip button. You want the Capture Now command.

Ok. Can we try one more thing?

On the menu bar on the top of the screen go to:
Final Cut Express... "System Settings"
At the bottom of the "Scratch disc" tab you'll see the check boxes for limiting capture. That may need to be changed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That didn't help. I tried selecting the capture "now" option. limiting to 30 mins, the only choice, but the capture process still breaks the material into shots. I am going to go toi the apply forum for help. This is not working for me, Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok good luck I'm sure it has something to do with the Timecode.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry it didn't work out for either of us. i assume i wont be billed the full amount?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I have opted out I don't know anything about your account. Go here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help