Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

RA - 112

Customer Question

Hi!! I created a song in iPad Garageband 1.3, all of it by software instruments, not any live recording so far. Suddenly it crashed and I could not even open GB at all. Fortunately and I am not pretty sure how, I could recover what I thought was some of the file and could uploaded it to iCloud. then I deleted GB in the iPad and reinstalled it. Now I could open GB but it crashed when I tried to open the song. Notice that this does not happen with the demo song, since the other things I had there were gone but I have them stored some other place, so this was no problem. So, the problem is with this file, I tried to open in it in my Mac Mini's GB, but first made me rename it as a new project and then send me an error "Illegal Sequence (1)" two times and then crashed again. Please let me know if there is a way to recover the file since I have spent a lot of time on it. Thanks in advance!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using

Can you upload the file and I can take a look? Upload it to the below site and post the link back here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi!! The file link is:

I had to compress the file since I could not upload it as a package.

The forum link is:

In case you need it.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
I gave it my all and I can't get it to work. It's definately an issue with the projectData file inside the package. I'm going to opt out and see if anyone has any ideas on fixing corrupt garageband files like this. You'll receive an email if another expert takes over
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rachel!! Thanks for your response. I am willing to wait for a better answer. Best Regards

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another expert to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rachel! If I opt to close the question, that would mean that I'd be receiving a refund, right? Please confirm this so I can make a final decision. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

If you would like we can close your question and we have two options.We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source or we can leave your deposit on your account here for future questions. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. In the mean time, I will still be searching for a Professional to assist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi!! I think I prefer to go for the refund. Thanks!! Best Regards