Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I loaded the new operating system and my text messages are

Customer Question

I loaded the new operating system and my text messages are now going to my wife's phone, how do I shut that off?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify? When other people send you text messages they go to your wife's iPhone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You have different phone numbers I assume? Is this the built in texting app or a third party texting app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

built in Iphone 4 for me and 4s for her

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure these are not texts with multiple recipients?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am

when I downloaded the new IOS it said something about you can be contacted at, and listed several addresses including her phone number, but I clicked ok before I understood what this meant

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings / Messages / Send & Receive what number is listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I go to Settings/Messages but dont see an option for Send and receive

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you scroll down? What iOS version are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there are only 4 buttons, using 6.0.1 (10A523)

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok go to Settings / Messages and turn off everything then go to Settings / Facetime and turn that off. Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Then sign back in to Facetime and Messages
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did that bring it back to your default number?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?