Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cannot leave iphoto it seems to be stuck loading pictures.

Customer Question

I cannot leave iphoto it seems to be stuck loading pictures. Every time I hit the iphoto icon in the Dock it opens and says looking for photos and I cannot leave that area
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Does this happens even after you restart your Mac ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

10.5.8

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
First you can try to reset the iPhoto preferences and see if that helps.

Close iPhoto and move these files into desktop..

Move com.apple.iLife0x.plist file from Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences folder into desktop

Move com.apple.iPhoto.plist file from Macintosh HD/Users/[your name]/Library/Preferences/ folder into dekstop

Open iPhoto. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.

If that didn't work, then we can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not..

Rebuild iPhoto Library

1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.

If that didn't worked then rebuild your iPhoto Library with this application, iPhoto Library Manager (just try the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Please follow the instructions in here to rebuild your iPhoto Library with iPhoto Library Manager : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/Help/rebuilding%20a%20corrupted%20iphoto%20library.html

Let me know if that didn't work too, so we can create a new iPhoto Library and extract the photos from your old Library to the new library.