Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My cursor is. Frozen. I have a new MacBook Pro 13"

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Are you unable to shutdown your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I can shut down
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
So what happens when you turn it back on ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I log in but can' t do anything because the cursor won't move
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The newest I just bought tahe computer 2 weeks ago
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

The System Files of your Mac must be corrupted. We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it works or not. First try Disk Utility.

• Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn in back on and immediately hold down Option key at boot and select the “Recovery” disk at the boot menu. Or Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command + R keys
  • This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu
  • Select Disk Utility.
  • In Disk Utility, Verify and Repair your disk and Repair Permission

If that didn't work, then reset the PRAM and NVRAM and also try to restart in Safe Mode.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Restart in Safe mode

Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac boot up...

Let me know if that didn't work, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That didn't work. I tried both and get the login page when I log in its just my stuff
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Does the key commands work, like Command + F ? Does that brings up anything ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I think I'll go to the Mac store and see a genius the computer is covered

Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
If you want, I will stay with you until we fix the problem. If you don't want to continue, then you can contact Cutomer Service's email at [email protected] for refund or you can get refund from here :

Please don't rate me as Bad Service or Poor Service or anything.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Indefinitely wont

I have a meeting at 1230 and have to leave I had hoped this was nt Abigail deal
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can contact JustAnswer Customer service for refund of the deposit you made here.

Have a great day,