Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

can I retrieve my iDisk files from my computer? Even though

can I retrieve my iDisk files from my computer? Even though Mobile was discontinued I used the idisk icon on my computer's hard drive to save documents. This worked fine until just recently the idisk icon has gone grey and will not show any files. These files were on my hard drive - is there a way of locating them now?

The iDisk is gone for good. It should have happened a while ago. Do you know the names of any of the files?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it went, but I was using the icon to save everything in the same place (but on the computer). Clearly a dumb move but I thought they might be in sparse bundle or smthg. Used to be in a library folder called Filesync but it doesn't exist anymore

No if you were saving them there only they are gone. You can search if you know the file names and you had worked on them first on the hard drive before saving
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't say you answered my question. In fact there is a solution to my problem and I have indeed resolved it myself.
Thank you