Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

My I-Pad's display has gone red! Charging it yesterday presented in an all-red background instead of the nice white Apple a huge unfamiliar electrically-related icon. Everything now is deep red-tinted. What's happened and what might be done about it? Derek xxxx

Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Let's try a reset first.

Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, Vinod, it doesn't

Hi Derek,

The other possibility is that you may have accidentally turned on "white on black".

Let's go to settings > general > accessibility

Make sure "white on black" or "invert colors" is not on.

If it is, turn it off and check whether your issue is resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, that doesn't resolve it etiher

:(

now, let's reset all settings.

Go to settings > general > reset > reset all settings.

Let's see whether this resolves your issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm stuck at Locat ion Services, telling me it's incomplete and asking if start over or continue. Nothing happens except we are still in the red

You can click on either enable or disable location services and then click on continue.

let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I clicked on both without response, turned the machine off and on again but although ticks appear in either enable or disable nothing happens

do you have a "continue" button? If it is there, use that.

If still does not work, let's try a reset again and start over.

Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. Now try the set up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I pressed the power and home button to get the Apple icon. It now seems to be configuring and resetting itself but since I have to keep reviving the screen to see progress I seem to stop it resetting. I guess this shoukld take a little time. Nevertheless everything remains very red!

:(

Then I am afraid it is a display problem.

If it is still red, I would suggest you to try a restore of the ipad.

Connect the ipad to the computer and open itunes in the computer.

Now, click on the ipad name listed in itunes, and you will see the restore button.

Restore and set it up as a new ipad.

Let's see whether this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done that, Vinod, at least it's partly useable again but it's stiull red. Has it been attacked by a virus, perhaps?

I tunes offered an update to download and I've done that, too.

I think it is a display failure...:(

If the restore too does not resolve this issue, I would suggest you take it into any apple store nearby or call apple care to set up a repair/replacement.

If the ipad is under warranty, you will get a free replacement provided there is no water or physical damage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Vinod -that was a long and tortuous exercise.

I'm sure you,ve done all you could

Best wishes

Derek

you are welcome!!

Sorry I could not resolve your issue.

Have a great year....
Hi Derek,

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service. Or if you don't wish to pay, you can go for a refund.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No reflection on you, Vinod, but since I'm in more trouble than when we began I'll go for a refund, please

no problem...I understand..

you can go for a refund.

Please use the following link for that

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund