Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have itunes running on my iMac and I have AppleTV(the latest

I have itunes running on my iMac and I have AppleTV(the latest version). I can access using Home Sharing my music, photos, videos, etc on the Imac thru Apple TV on the TV tied into Apple TV. If in Apple TV I go to itunes Movies or NetFlix and then go back to Computers to view material there, I have to go to the IMac and turn of HomeSharing and turn it back on in order to get access on the AppleTV. Apple TV does have the latest SWl.Any clues?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Do you have more than one Apple ID? How many networks are available to both the iMac and ATV?
I ask because I also have an iMac and ATV with Home share, two separate in house networks and two subnetworks. If, by some chance, either hook onto a different network I have that problem.
Same with Apple IDs, I get those mixed on occasion also.

That said, please tell me what OS X is on the iMac.
Have you tried resetting the ATV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is a second home...only one network. My apple ID and PW are the same for both homes and all apple devices. I have resent the ATV and installed the latest SW. I am fairly certain I have the latest OS but I am not sure how to view it on the IMac. I do have Wifi and ethernet in the house. I believe the ATV is on the ethernet network.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The way to see what is on the iMac is like this.
graphic
That gives general info, to see more click More info or additional info.
With Lion it will look a little different.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are running Windows7 on the iMAC with Boot Camp. Is that what you needed?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I have found that Windows, while most of the time run ok, do not play nice in all resects with Apple.
I do suggest uninstalling iTunes from the Windows side and reinstalling it.
This will not affect the library but will install a new iTunes application.
But to be on the safe side please backup your iTunes library.
Then uninstall following this guide.
Now download and install a new copy of iTunes, should fix this.

Please let me know.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did update the itunes, etc SW and seem to have solved the problem

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it, sometimes something gets out of kilter or corrup and the best way to fix it is to reinstall the software.

If it recurs please let me know. Thanks for the update.