John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My Macbook Pro has 4 GB of memory. I am downloading Mountain

My Macbook Pro has 4 GB of memory. I am downloading Mountain Lion. Should I stop. How/
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

I believe you should be fine. Mountain Lion supports any MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) with at least 2GB or more of memory. Some features of Mountain Lion have additional requirements but not directly related to memory.

You can find more info here:

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why does it say you need over 4GB on the App Store site?

Are you referring to where it says "Size: 4.07GB" in the Mac App Store? If so, that is the size of the file that gets downloaded - which takes up space on the hard drive and not in memory.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this or other issues, please let me know.