John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

My charger for my MacBook Pro is connected but it says not

Customer Question

My charger for my MacBook Pro is connected but it says not charging on the battery logo also the charger itself isnt the problem because it works on my other Mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Please note: When troubleshooting electronic issues, sometimes the final diagnosis is that it is a physical defect in nature and the ‘answer’ such as in this case might be a recommendation to seek out repair from an authorized service center if the defect in question is not considered “user repairable”. This may be a frustrating answer and I do sympathize but please don't shoot the messenger.

Can you tell me how old this MacBook Pro is, and the year of purchase if possible?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My Mac about 2 and a half years old

Thanks, Andrew. Let's try resetting the System Management Controller for the MBP.

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

5. Press the power button to turn on the computer. 
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Now, see if it will charge.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service

Register Here
. If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,