John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I created an itunes account with a new Apple ID and password.

I created an itunes account with a new Apple ID and password. I need to change both. How do I delete the original (I cant remember it). I made several attempts to access the Apple ID but was still unsuccessful in logging in. So my request is to start over again. I do Have security questions in your database so if you need to verify who I am you are able to access them.
Martha
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Martha, if you created this Apple ID recently and even got as far as verifying it by email then it sounds to me that the password XXXXX be the only hurdle for you to clear in order to use this ID again. Do you remember which email address you used to create the account?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The same one I have provided you with. The problem is that I can remember or am unclear what I was doing because I thought I was trying to get my ID. I am pretty sure of my password... Not sure of really anything. Can we just start with a new ID and password ?

For security reasons, I can not see your email address.

However, the primary email address you use when registering for an ID is ALWAYS your Apple ID. So if you are certain of the email address then the password XXXXX XXXXX you need.

We can work on that OR you can create a new Apple ID - However, you would have to use a different email address in that case. Would you still like to create a new Apple ID?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I don't need to create a new apple ID. I thought I entered something other than my email address in the Apple ID field when I set up my account. I guess the problem lies in the password XXXXX Can you reset my password XXXXX email it to me ? Or tell me how to do it ? Once I have finished this can I log in to order itune songs ?

If you attempted to enter something other than an email address when initially registering it should have alerted you to the issue.

Apple has a specific process for resetting your password, and you should be able to reset your password XXXXX the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

Enter the email address you used to register when asked for your Apple ID and click Next. Then you can choose Email authentication or to answer security questions in order to reset the password.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, just test that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:
https://appleid.apple.com/ (Click "Manage Your Apple ID")

Once you see that it is working, you can sign into iTunes to purchase songs.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am going to try this. I did the same thing I think yesteray but had no luck

Okay, let me know if/when you run into any issue.