Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

This is not printer issue, i was trying to download a game

This is not printer issue, i was trying to download a game and now it is stuck, i reset all and still cant delet the waiting icons sorry this is an iPad 2
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Can you please tell me a bit more about the problem ?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dude i am not IT, i was trying to download a game and it got stuck downloading so i tried again and that didn't work, so i went and rest all that seemed to help a little but still can't delet the waiting icons this is on an iPad 2
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Please understand that it might take several steps to resolve this issue, so please be patient.

We will be taking a step by step approach, so if one solution does not work, let me know and we will try the next step.

Let's start with a reset of the ipad. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. (the ipad will turn off and come back on with an apple in 10-15 sec).

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried holding the power button and the home button together and nothing happened, i do have a keyboard attach to my iPad 2. Do i need to take the keyboard off and just try holding the power button on the iPad ?
yes, let's take the keyboard off.

Now, press and hold the power button and the home button together for 10-15 sec. You should get an apple logo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on an iPad, there is no home button, you are losing me. I can hold the power button like a IPhone and this it., in case I am missing something
The home button is the big round button below the screen (the only button on the face of the ipad).

Let me know if you still find difficulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I understand, however that didnt work, I tried holding the icon until it started shaking and still want let me delet it, still showing waiting, please help
you have held down the icon, and that is not what we want to do.

Let me give you a screenshot of how the power button and the hoome button looks like. You can hold them down for 10-15 sec and the ipad will restart automatically.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that is what I did, when it came back up I went to the icons and tried to delete them. Sorry I jump ahead
let's try this.

On your ipad, go to settings > wifi and turn it off.

Now try the reset again by pressing and holding the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let's see whether your ipad is still showing the waiting status.
you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, what I had to go through to get back, that didn't work, still have waiting icons tried holding down until icons started shaking but still couldn't delete. What to do from here ? Also thanks for staying with me...
Don't worry, we will now use the computer to solve this problem.

Do you have itunes installed in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Let's open itunes in the computer, and download that app (the same app which is showing the waiting status on the ipad).

Once the download is complete, connect your ipad and sync it.

Let's see whether this works.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was done through the App Store not iTunes, do I go back to the App Store and try this ?
since it is showing the waiting status, the app store will not do any good. It will say that it is in installing status.

Let me know once you have done that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, don't know if I said that these were games that I downloaded, two of them. iTunes doesn't have games. Hey thanks for sticking with me
sorry for the confusion, you can download apps from the itunes in the computer and sync them to the ipad.

Open itunes in the computer. You will see "itunes store" listed to the left side of the itunes. (if you are using the latest itunes, you will see the itunes store icon to the top right).

Click on itunes store, and search for the apps you are trying to download.

Now download them into the computer.

let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, guess I don't understand, all it is doing is pulling up songs, when I enter the game name in.
have you clicked on "itunes store"?

If you still can't find it, let me know the exact name of the game.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, the first game is overkill
on your computer, use the following link.

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/overkill/id421659813?mt=8

It will directly take you to that app and you can download it.

let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It want let me reinstall. Looks like it is still trying to install
use that link to download using your computer.

Did you use that link on the ipad or on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a computer just an iPad, the link is on my iPad. I can't use my computer at work against policy
I understand.

Unfortunately, we need to sync the ipad with the computer to resolve this issue.

We have tried all the methods we can on the ipad, and since they did not work, we need to download the app to the computer and sync with the ipad.

That will definitely resolve this issue.

Will you be able to try using the computer from your home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said I don't have another computer, I don't know what to do now
do you have any apple store nearby?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an AT&T phone store that's it. Can I call them (apple store) for help. And will this keep affecting my Internet and FaceTime ?
It should not affect you on your Internet and Facetime. Yes, you can call the apple care 1-800-2752273 between 8AM and 8PM CST.

You can also try this. I found this in one of the apple discussion forums.

Click on the "itunes" app on the ipad. Now you will find a "downloads" tab to the bottom right. If not, click on the "more" button and then on "downloads".

If there are any downloads in progress, delete them and see whether you are able to download the apps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what's going on, but all I have on the bottom right is "purchased" that nothing about downloads or more
Click on purchased and see whether you can see any ongoing downloads.

If any, try to delete it. I don't think we can delete them, but just give a try.

If that too does not work, I am afraid, you need to call the apple care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea, that didn't work. What can you help me with at this point. Refund or it is what it is... Thanks for trying. If no refund can you at least email me the number and what I need to ask ?
yes, if you need a refund from us, you can use this link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the refund if you can email me and tell me what I need to ask from the apple company. I know you tried and I thank you for that
Sure..

I just came out for breakfast, so no access to my computer now and it is hard to type from my phone.

Please give me 30-45 minutes. I will type it in detail and send you.

sorry for the delay..

I went out to have my breakfast.

You can also try this. Double click the home button. This will bring up a layer of apps to the bottom layer of the ipad. There, tap and hold on the "app store" app until it wiggles. Now, click on the "-" button next to it. Do this for the waiting app too. Now reset your ipad by pressing and holding the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If that does not work, you need to call the apple care 1-800-2752273. To the IVR, don't say that you are calling regarding your app. Instead, say that you are calling regarding 'iPad'. Once you get to talk to a live person, explain your issue and say that you don't have access to a computer to sync. They will give you the options. They might be able to access your account and take the download off the download queue.

When I was working for Apple, they had the itunes store phone support. But it was two years ago and I am not sure whether they still have it. However, they still have the itunes store email support.

So you can also try emailing the itunes store by going to

www.apple.com/support/itunes

There, click on "contact support" to the bottom left. Click on it, fill in all the info and email them. They will respond to you in a maximum of 24 hours.

If you find any difficulty, please let me know.

Have a great new year!!