James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

My Apple I-Pad just died. What can I do to revive it.

Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Did you try to charge it for 30 minutes or so?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I plugged the charger in as usual and nothing happened.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Okay - now, let's try to reset it.

Hold the Home and Power buttons together for 30 seconds.

Does the white apple logo appear, and turn on?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where the home button?

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
The Home button is the one with the square, on the bottom part of the screen. The big round button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Screen is totally black. I see no round button at the bottom part of Screen. What's next.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
I mean this button:

Apple removes home button

Hold it together with Power (on top) for 35 seconds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I held the button on the top edge of the pad and the Home button is located on the face of the pad on the right side. Nothing happened.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Did you hold them both TOGETHER for 35 seconds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried it again and realized I was holding the wrong button. The apple logo came up but immediately went out. Nothing came on.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Okay - great.

Connect it to the charger please

Wait 5 minutes, then hold both buttons again. It will turn on.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It came on this time when I plugged in the charger.

I am happy now. Thanks so much for the help.

XXXXX XXXXX

Lufkin, Tx

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Glad I could help!

The problem is that it wasn't charged enough. Connecting to the charger and resetting fixed that.

Please click a happy face for me below to rate me, thanks!

J.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert