MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

my ipad will not power on - went to apple store - met with

Customer Question

my ipad will not power on - went to apple store - met with genius staff - they said they couldn't do anything - this seems unreasonable. It is 1.5 years old and no damage.
anything else I can do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 1 year ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

Based on your question and explanation of you visit to your local Apple Retail Store, if the Mac Genius who assisted you were unable to assist you in getting your iPad to power on, then that means your iPad has a hardware issue which is preventing it from turning on

MacTechTrainer :

I do not want to delay you from getting any assistance, but the only recourse you have

Customer:

what can be done re: a hardware issue? anything? they told me to purchase a new ipad

MacTechTrainer :

is to have your iPad repaired outside of Apple

Customer:

okay - right. that's what I figured - that's why Im here. Okay -

MacTechTrainer :

so you still have options, but as it appears you have a 1.5 year old iPad, you more than likely don't have the 2 year AppleCare Protection Plan Apple offers

Customer:

no I think I only had the 1 year warranty

MacTechTrainer :

otherwise they would have just replaced that iPad for you without hesitation

MacTechTrainer :

so

MacTechTrainer :

yes that is correct

Customer:

okay thank you.

MacTechTrainer :

unless you purchased their extended warranty which is 2 years from the date of purchase of the iPad

MacTechTrainer :

but I am not giving up on you that fast :)

Customer:

oh okay

Customer:

well, I don't think I did. I got it as a gift

MacTechTrainer :

would you like a few inexpensive services I can refer you to in order to help you get your iPad repaired

Customer:

and didn't purchase anything along with it I don't think

MacTechTrainer :

without breaking the bank?

Customer:

well, if you can refer me to someone locally - they told me I could purchase a new one for $250

Customer:

so has to be less than that

Customer:

for sure.

Customer:

=)

MacTechTrainer :

Sure :)

MacTechTrainer :

I will work as well as I can to do that for you

MacTechTrainer :

can you just provide me your City, State and Zip please ?

Customer:

hawthorne, ny 10532

Customer:

is fixing it worthwhile or should I suck it up and get a new one altogether? (for $250)

Customer:

not sure what the benefit is of one route vs. another?

Customer:

so unhappy that this happened after owning this expensive thing for so short a time!

MacTechTrainer :

Oh believe me, I very much understand

MacTechTrainer :

What model of iPad exactly do you have?

Customer:

ipad 2 32k

MacTechTrainer :

Let me look into this for you- will be with you within a few minutes

Customer:

ok

MacTechTrainer :

Almost done with my resources for you

MacTechTrainer :

thanks for your patience

Customer:

just wondering - am I being charged by the time I'm on here?

MacTechTrainer :

No

Customer:

okay thx

MacTechTrainer :

you only have a deposit and that is 100% refundable if you are not satisfied

Customer:

okay thank you!

MacTechTrainer :

so rest easy- there is no payment exchanged here unless you have accepted one of my answers, which at present you are not because I am still helping you :-)

MacTechTrainer :

so enough of my chat here, I am going to start providing you some answers for you shortly :)

MacTechTrainer :

First, I have a few online iPad repair services I like to refer customers like yourself to, if your iPad has no Apple warranty service left:

MacTechTrainer :

iPad Repair Pros - iResQ

MacTechTrainer :

Those are two of my preferred, recommended online repair services you can contact for getting your iPad repaired inexpensively

Customer:

okay thamk you.

Customer:

than you

Customer:

k

MacTechTrainer :

now in regards XXXXX XXXXX providers that you can visit locally

MacTechTrainer :

I am getting that info for you now :)

Customer:

k

Customer:

Actually I have to leave this chat now. Thank you for your time and energy

Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years