MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

RA-RP

Customer Question

My iPad 1 is not recgonized, it says it cannot be activated for service
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

Are you using your iPad with a Mac or PC ?

MacTechTrainer :

Also prior to it not recognizing and not being able to activate, had it worked prior to your request for assistance today?

MacTechTrainer :

I see you are offline. When you are back online however, just reply back to this session, I will be alerted, whether I am online or off and will be able to assist you further.

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for posting your question, I look forward to assisting you shortly.

MacTechTrainer :

Regards,

MacTechTrainer :

-Terry ("MacTechTrainer")

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : Hi
JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : I have never used it before
JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : it uses windows
JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : Are u there?
JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : I have had the iPad since 2010 and never used it for once.....
JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : I took it to an iPhone store in my location and they tried assisting but no positive feedback. I was told told to contact apple store
JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : Hi
MacTechTrainer :

Sorry for missing you. I saw in my queue that you were looking for me and I was attempting to reply back to you, but for some reason could not get back into this session with you

MacTechTrainer :

Now that I am back I see you are offline again- my sincere apologies for missing you again due to my technical issue with this chat session. What I wanted to come back to ask you, is when you mentioned an "iPhone" store what store are you specifically referring to? Was it an AT&T store, Verizon Wireless or Sprint store?

MacTechTrainer :

Also, is your iPad just a Wifi model (no cellular data plan), or was it set up with one of those wireless services (AT&T, Verizon Wireless and Sprint)?

MacTechTrainer :

I believe I may be able to help you with this activation issue, provided we can be online together to chat, which I believe we should be able to do now that I can communicated with you in this session once again.

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

hi, an iphone store buys stuffs from apple store and resell.

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

The ipad uses wifi and cellular data plan

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

Iphone store sells iphone and ipads and also they have their technical support team as well

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

I think a reset from apple/ mac store should restore my ipad

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

am back and can see u are still offline.

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

My question was not answered and was charged. am not happy about this.

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

Hi again

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

When would you be available so we can chat

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

sorry, meant "istore store" instead of "iphone store"

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

hi again.....checked again and you are still offline. when would you be available.

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- :

i guess the time difference isnt helping at all.

JACUSTOMER-ajkgdn2s- : You are never online....please how can I get a refund since am not satisfied with your response and you haven't proffered a solution to my iPad problem. Thanks. I hope u respond dis time around