John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

Im running windows XP and have installed itunes successfully.

I'm running windows XP and have installed itunes successfully. When I launch iTunes I get an error that says that Windows has closed the program to help protect the computer - It relates to the DEP settings. I have changed the setting to exclude iTunes and restarted the computer, but it still fails to launch and gives the same error. Would appreciate some help
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Please try uninstalling then re-installing iTunes (make sure to use an Admin account)

Go to the Control Panel and click "Add/Remove Programs" (for Windows XP) to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Application Support

If you have trouble uninstalling any of the above, try the following Microsoft Fix It utility to troubleshoot the uninstallation:

Once you've completed the removal, restart your computer and re-install iTunes again. Make sure you download and install the latest release:

If you *still* receive errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running. If the above does not help, let me know and we'll diagnose further.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,