MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

RA hs

Customer Question

I have deleted a calendar on my iPad called pocket Mac. It's has lost the info on my phone,iPad and computer . It says it backed up at 12 midnight last night before I deleted day. Is there a way to retrieve?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 1 year ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

Customer :

well what do i do?

MacTechTrainer :

Are you referring to losing the App called "PocketMac"

MacTechTrainer :

Sorry just trying to confirm

Customer :

it was a calender called pocket mac

MacTechTrainer :

Yes, I understand that it is a calendar called Pocket Mac, I was wondering if you are seeking how to get that back onto your iPad?

Customer :

back on my ipad, iphone, computer

MacTechTrainer :

Got it

MacTechTrainer :

ok bear with me, I will look into providing some steps to help you get this app back onto your iPad

Customer :

ok

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for your patience

MacTechTrainer :

quick question, when you first installed Pocket Mac on your iPad, may I ask, how do you get it installed on your iPad, considering it is not an Apple App?

Customer :

i transferred all my calenders from itunes

MacTechTrainer :

Prior to 12 midnight last night, did you check in iTunes for any earlier back ups performed with your iPad syncing into iTunes?

MacTechTrainer :

Hello, are you still with me?

MacTechTrainer :

I am striving to provide a resolution for you as soon as I possibly can

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for posting your question, I look forward to assisting you shortly.

MacTechTrainer :

I see you are offline. When you are back online however, just reply back to this session, I will be alerted, whether I am online or off and will be able to assist you further.

MacTechTrainer :

-Terry ("MacTechTrainer")

MacTechTrainer :

Regards,

Customer :

Sorry Im trying to work.

Customer :

sorry im trying to work

Customer :

i dont undersatnd your question

MacTechTrainer :

My apologies if I confused you. I just wanted to know if you had performed any previous backups (syncs) with your iPad through iTunes prior to yesterday

Customer :

NO

Customer :

Unless ICloud does automatic updates

MacTechTrainer :

Ok now here is the challenging part- If you have not performed any prior back ups (to last night), and your current back up is not reflecting that deleted calender

MacTechTrainer :

then iCloud may be a possible resource to restore from

MacTechTrainer :

but again, that is only if you backed up your iPad prior to yesterday

MacTechTrainer :

Now if I may ask, the calendar you made- was that created originally from your PocketMac application and then imported into the Calendar application for your iPad, iPhone and your Mac computer's Calendars?

Customer :

i dont know.. all in=know is that i would add events and it went on the calender. I have a few calenders, work , home etc. I didnt deliberatley use pocket mac

MacTechTrainer :

No problem, I do understand

MacTechTrainer :

In your question you stated in the second to the last sentence : "It says it backed up at 12 midnight last night before I deleted day. "

MacTechTrainer :

So am to understand that you deleted that back up?

Customer :

is it possible to talk on the phone?

MacTechTrainer :

I wish I could, however, our service is chat and email based only, so we have no other way to communicate

Customer :

ok can i get the back up from Icloud?

MacTechTrainer :

That all depends on if your iPad had back ups performed to iPad earlier than yesterday

MacTechTrainer :

if you just set up your iCloud account with your iPad within 24 hours, from today, then that is not going to work either

Customer :

the ipad is a year old

Customer :

As is the ICloud acount

MacTechTrainer :

what I am leading toward here is, the back up you need would have to have been processed in either case before yesterday

Customer :

how can i find that out?

MacTechTrainer :

Not a problem - you can go to www.icloud.com

MacTechTrainer :

and use your Apple ID to access your contacts, calendars, notes and more

Customer :

yes and......

MacTechTrainer :

this is the only way to check and see if your calender

MacTechTrainer :

And if you need to do that now, I will standby and guide you once you are there

MacTechTrainer :

just let me know

MacTechTrainer :

wait a moment

MacTechTrainer :

I am sorry but I am here to help you

MacTechTrainer :

I am sorry you are feeling like I am not helping you, but you are not helping me to better assist you by canceling out on the efforts I am making to assist you here

MacTechTrainer :

that is not fair to me as a conscious Mac Expert who wants to help you as much as I can

Customer :

you have NOT helped. You dont give any instruction as to what to do

MacTechTrainer :

You are mistaken

MacTechTrainer :

I have just provided you some information and you have not confirmed that you understand what I have provided or even have clarified if you have tried what I did suggest to help you here

MacTechTrainer :

I will Opt out now and will post this question to be closed so you are able to acquire a refund of your deposit

Customer :

yes i went to icloud

Customer :

but all that comes up are the same calenders i have already seen. this is a step i took on my own an hour ago.