Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

I am trying to close the APP Store and restart it because it

I am trying to close the APP Store and restart it because it because the applications do not show up when I load the APP Store. When I doubled clicked on the home button the task bar does not show up but rather the keyboard comes up and closes.
I also restarted the iPad by holding down the home button and sleep buttons.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

A hard reset ( holding down the home button and sleep buttons ) should have stopped the App Store.

Is the iTunes Store working for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had tried a hard reset and it did not work.

The iTunes Store seems to be working.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Karl.

When you load that App Store does anything appear on any of the screens? (Featured, Top Charts, or when you try to do a Search)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The topic but no applications. I have to leave the office now. Can you reply by email?

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
I believe if you entered an email address when signing up that you should receive reply notices to email.

When you are ready to continue the conversation, just reply at your leisure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
took too long to respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been back on line for about an hour and have not heard from anyone

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait.
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

I am sorry that your Appstore is not working. When was the last time Appstore worked?

Did you happen to see any error or it will not load at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was about month ago that it last worked it loads but you just see the topics not the applications
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your info.

Please do the follow steps:

1. Double tap Home button.
  2. You should see a list of apps on the list.
  3. Hold each one icon until they shake.
  4. Tap the - sign to remove them one by one.
  5. Once done, tap Home button.
  6. Then open Appstore now. See if it will work.

If that does not work, please do a settings reset as follow:

1. On your iPad, go to Settings.
  2. Select General
  3. Select Reset (all the way at the bottom of this list)
  4. Select Reset all settings. (1st choice)
  5. Your iPad will reboot and prompt for wifi setup and other services setup.
  6. When done, go to Appstore and see if it will work normally.

Please let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried the second option of resetting and it did not work. I am reluctant to close down (x while wiggling) because I will lose all my data and have to reload e.g. kindle books. Double clicking on the home button does not bring up the dock and the (-) The keyboard comes up then goes down.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply.

Is your ipad 1st, 2nd , 3rd, or latest generation?

Please go to Settings->General->About. What is the iOS version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Version 3.2 (7B367) Model MC497LL I think it is the second generation.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Please use 4 fingers to Swipe up from bottom of the screen. Do you see the Multi task bar where there are icons at the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing happens I tried to double click on the home button on my iPhone and it worked-that is the bar came up.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Do you see any icons on the bar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes there are icons on the bottom bar. But I believe the multitask bar is in the center.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Do you see any icons inside the multitask bar?

If yes, please hold one of the icons and tap - sign to end the service (not delete them). Once all the services are ended, open Appstore again. See if it will load.

If not working, go to Settings->Privacy->Locations Services->System Service. Turn off Genius for Apps.

Reset your tablet by pressing and holding the Power and Home buttons. Once your tablet reboot, try to load Appstore. See if it will work normally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not bring up the multitask bar.

Under settings I do not see an option for Privacy.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Privacy should be under Picture Frame inside Settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On my iPad the picture Frame options are Dissolve, origami, Zoom in on faces, shuffle and all photos--No Privacy

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please go to Settings->General. Do you have Multitasking Gestures enabled?

If not, please turn it on.

When done, press Home button to go back to Home screen. Use 5 fingers and swipe from bottom to up. Do you get the Multitasking bar now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Under General on my iPad there is no Multitasking Gestures

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

You need to scroll it down to see it. It should be before Date & Time. See this video.

If that does not work, go to Date & Time. Switch Set Automatically to OFF. Change the date to next month (2/3/2013). Save it. Now go back to Appstore and try to load it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before Date & Time was Home.

I changed the date to 2/3/2013 and App Store still did not work.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Please change Date & Time to Automatically Set again.

The next step will be backup your ipad to itunes on your computer. Restore your ipad to Factory Settings. Then restore the backup from iTunes.

Do you have itunes on your computer yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have iTunes on my computer. How do I back up my iPad?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

First connect your iPad to computer. Open iTunes. You will see your iPad on the left hand side under Devices. RIGHT CLICK on your iPad and select Backup.

After the Backup is done, select your iPad again and select Restore. This will restore your ipad to factory settings. After done with restore, RIGHT CLICK on your iPad and select Restore from backup and select the Backup that you just did and click Restore.

Note: This process might take a long time depends on how much data on your iPad. Please let me know how it went. Test your Appstore after the restore.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will let you know.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After hours of trying to backup my iPad I quit. I then installed iOS 5.1.1. The APP Store worked but now the Kindle application did not work after I reinstalled it. I can read some books and not others. The one I can not read come up with a window that says close book and re load. I did this and it did not help. It also said deregister application and re register I do not know how to do this.I re registered and it seemed to work.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for your update.

Glad you were be able to use your Ipad again. Backing up can take a long time doing so.

Please rate my answer so I can get credit. If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I quit the backup because it looked like it froze

In hindsight it looks like the APP Store is not conpatable with iOS 3.2. I did not realize I could update the iOS from my PC. Updating to 5.1.1 also does a backup of application data.

The last problem was Kindle wanted me to re register after I installed iOS 5.1.1

I am a PC user but have an iPhone and an iPad. I am familiar with programming on the PC but not with the Mac.

I guess you did as well as you could but I think in the future upgrading the iOS should be a first thing to try when strange things are happing.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your info.

Updating is one way. However, the BEST practice is to backup your ipad BEFORE doing anything. In case, something goes wrong, you still have your backup (data and other programs).
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.