Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

how do I remove the mail icon from my ipad2?

how do I remove the mail icon from my ipad2?If and when I remove the mail icon, am I able to go into my actual hotmail account and get my messages?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 1 year ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Jesse :

You can't remove Mail from the iPad completely, but you can move it to a folder, or a secondary screen so you don't see it anymore. Your best bet for Hotmail is to use Safari, and just make a link to it on your Home screen, so you can get to it quickly. Let me know if you need additional information regarding any of that.

Customer:

Hi.............as I said, I'm not computer literate at all. How on God's green earth do I do this.

Jesse :

Okay, no big deal. Let's start with the following. On the iPad, click and hold down on the Mail app until the apps start wiggling.

Jesse :

Then, you can click and drag the Mail app (as well as any of the other apps) anywhere you want.

Customer:

I don't have a keyboard...it's only tap. When you say I drag it anywhere I want, what do you mean

Jesse :

Just move it around the screen like you would anything else. Click and hold your finger on it, and then move your finger as it's holding it down.

Customer:

I don't want it to appear at all on the screen so by moving it anywhere I want, I'm not sure where.

Jesse :

The best thing to do is make a folder for the apps you don't use, then put it in there.

Jesse :

To make a folder, simply drop an app onto another app.

Customer:

I'm sorry..........I just got notification that you've been paid yet I'm not at all satisfied with the answer. I didn't hit accept button. Please advise.

Jesse :

No, I haven't been paid.

Jesse :

I'm not sure what notification you've received. If it's from your banking institution, that typically means that JustAnswer has checked to see if the funds were available in your account. I get paid when you leave positive feedback, and not before.

Customer:

the email said that $20 has been credited. I'm sorry but I'm just not sure about what you advised me to do. I need to know how to open a folder so that I can drop the app into it. I get so frustrated with all of this. Can you at least advise me on how to open a folder then maybe I can drag the app into it.

Jesse :

You don't open the folder first. By folder, I'm referring to the apps that are grouped together. There should be an existing folder on the iPad, usually called Utilities or Tools. To put the Mail app in there, just drag it with your finger, and drop it onto the folder.

Customer:

Where would I find this folder Utilities or Tools.

Jesse :

If you're looking at the main screen with all your Apps, you should see it there. It would look different from the other apps, like it has apps within it

Customer:

All it has on the front screen are messages, facetime, photos, camera, maps, clock, photo booth, calendar, contacts, notes, reminders, newstand, itunes, app store, game center and settings. On the bottom of the screen, it has Safari, mail, videos and music

Jesse :

Okay, are there any of those that you don't use and wouldn't mind having in a folder?

Customer:

I am not sure yet. Can I not create a new folder?

Jesse :

You can only create a folder, by dragging and dropping one App onto another App.

Customer:

So...........I'm able to drop this into the settlings icon?

Jesse :

Sure, and then it would create a folder with both of them in it.

Customer:

Perfect. Thank you so much. I just did that and I think it'll be fine now. Just one more thing. If I were to delete my hotmail account from my IPAD, does this mean I won't have hotmail at all? Or am I still able to access it through my home computer as opposed to my IPAD. Is it just deleting it from my IPAD and not my home PC?

Customer:

Hello....................are you there?

Customer:

Are we still chatting? You haven't replied so I'm not sure if were are still in chat or if you've decided to not help.

Jesse :

I apologize for the delay, I got pulled away for a moment.

Jesse :

Your Hotmail account lives online, so you can set it up or remove it from as many places as you'd like, and you're fine. If you remove it from the iPad, it's still everywhere else.

Customer:

So.........I can remove it as my main email account on my ipad but I can still go into the hotmail account on my ipad and sign in and get my messages, right?

Jesse :

Yes, that's correct.

Customer:

Perfect........thank you very very much. You've been such a help. I shall click good service so you can get compensated.

Thanks again.

Jesse :

No problem, glad we got you sorted Ron.

Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
Expert:  Jesse replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.