Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Ugh!! How do I unfreeze my PowerPoint presentation without

Ugh!! How do I unfreeze my PowerPoint presentation without loosing my unsaved changes. HELP
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Since it's frozen, there is nothing you can do. It won't accept any more commands. Only hope is, If the Auto Recover or Auto Save is turned on already, the contents of the document should be saved on a temporary file. So just Force Quit Power Point and open it again. Power Point will automatically opens the document.

Press Command(Apple) + Option + Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Power Point in there and click Force Quit.

If Power Point didn't open the document, then goto Documents/Microsoft Userdata/Office 200x_ AutoRecovery/ folder (x is version number)

You can find all the recovered documents there. If you can't find your documents there, I'm sorry they are lost.

If you can't force quit, then you will have to force turn off your Mac. Press and hold down the Power button until your Mac turns off. Turn it back on.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied. Please don't rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service if you are not satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik,

I can't believe I just paid $68 to force quit. Thank you for your help. Any way that the price can be adjusted? I appreciate your help :) Happy New Year.

Thank you,

Hi Amy, Sorry I don't control prices here nor I have access to any of your account details to adjust it. You can contact the Customer Service (at [email protected]) and see if they can adjust the price for you.

Happy New Year to you too,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ashik,

Thanks very much :) It doesn't hurt to try. Thanks for your help and for reminding me to save my work!!

You're most welcome :) All office applications have this AutoSave feature.

Best Regards,
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,