Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

How do you store original music in i Tunes, retrieve and burn

Customer Question

How do you store original music in i Tunes, retrieve and burn CDs?

Joe Gentile XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Did you mean how to add songs into itunes and burn them?

Or did you mean you are not sure how to do that with the newest version of itunes?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All of the above! I simply record onto an Edirol device, connect it to my PC, save it yo my hard drive, perhaps

tweak it with my NCH software, then include it in playlist, and simply drag and drop it the iTunes Music directory, . I have ben doing this for several years, but find now with the new format, there is no longer a command "Burn to Disc"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you simply reply via email to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thank you, Joe.

I am sorry, I can't email you. That is against our policy.

Don't worry. We will remodel the itunes so that the interface would look like that of the older version.

Open itunes. There is a small box to the top left corner of the itunes, followed by a downward pointing arrow.

Click on that arrow and then select "show menu bar".

Now you will see tabs such as File, Edit, View, Controls etc. Click on View > show side bar

now the itunes will look like that of the older version.

Let me know if this does not resolve your issue.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Almost but not quite

Followig your avice, I get a horizontal menu reading:

File, Edit, Vew, Controls, Store, Help. The old iTunes had somethng similar, but when you clicked on File, you got a list of choices, one of which the important one to me: :Burn playlist to disc: I do not see that here, nor any other command that says "Burn" When I wanted to burn a single song onto a disc, I simply created a new playlist with just the one song, and hit the Burn playlist to disc command. Additionally, I don't see aything here about playlists at all.

Hi Joe,

I am not sure whether you have enabled the side bar.

Click on the "View" menu and select "show side bar".

Now, you can see all your playlists listed to the side.

Click on any of the playlists and now click on the "File" menu.

You will see the "burn playlist to disc" option.

I have just tried that and it is there. So if you find any difficulty, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, That works. Why did they have to make it so obscure?

I am sorry. I don't know why they wanted a new interface. I too downloaded itunes and was quite surprised to see the new interface without any notification from Apple.

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

quite adequate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am satisfied. You have earned the entire amount

yes...:)

Thank You very much!!