Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Good morning - please advise if you can: Using my Iphone5,

Customer Question

Good morning - please advise if you can:

Using my Iphone5, how do I sucessfully download my latest 250+ pictures from Camera Roll into IPhoto on my Mac? It's not happening wirelessly, nor when I plug a cable into the USB port..

Cameron
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Here is what to do, works every time.
Open iPhoto and then plug in the iPhone with the USB cable, look for the iPhone under the Devices heading.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
It will show you what has already been imported and what hasn't. Yours to choose what happens next.
iPhoto treats it like any other digital camera.

Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thx - tried that but all that's showing on the sidebar is - Library, Recents, Projects - no Devices!

?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you see my follow-up question?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then the next thing is to restart your Mac and reset the iPhone.

To reset the iPhone press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

Now try with iPhoto again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried that, but no luck. Next?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please come back with another idea, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what next, Daniel?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Does the iPhone appear in iTunes when connected to the iMac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good point, but for some reason, no it does not!

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok, now lets do some TLC on the iMac.

First, do a pram reset, this works best using a USB type keyboard (any kind will do).

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.
The sound should also get louder.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.
It can take many try to get it, any USB keyboard is preferable.
Substitute the Control key for the Command key and Alt for Option, all others stay the same.

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

Now, once that is done, try iTunes and the iPhone again.
If that works then open iPhoto and see if it shows there also.

Let me know.