Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software

I am trying to install my old Sibelius 6.2 in a new Macbook

I am trying to install my old Sibelius 6.2 in a new Macbook pro but I do not have the original DVD just the upgrade disk so I do not have the serial number. I have it for my old Sibelius 3 but it does not seem to work. Can you help? Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX

Hi Phil,

Happy New Year!

Do you still have Sibelius installed on an old machine at all and if so are you able to access this and go to Sibelius-->About Sibelius which should then display the serial number?

Alternatively if it was installed previously on a system which you still have access to and then uninstalled you can use the Serial Number finder utility here:

If not then the best option will be to contact the Licensing team at Avid directly who should be able to assist with the numbers/upgrades etc you have.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve,

It would appear to be impossible. It's now asking me for a 'download activation code' which I don't have on my receipt. This is quite frustrating

All best

Hi Phil,

Thanks - can you contact them on this number and see if they can assist that way? It might be easier than relying on their automated systems.

01753 658585

They're available Mon->Fri from 9 till 5.