Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,

RA - 112

Customer Question

ipad 1 stuck in recovery mode after updating itunes. now it's not recognized in itunes and it's stuck to itunes logo with usb cable
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, I will assist with this issue,

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please try:

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

• Open iTunes program on your computer (make sure you iTunes program is up to date.)

• On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

• After about 10 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPadin recovery mode.

• Click OK or Restore.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Full Size Image

Viet - Mac Tech :

, then let me know. Thank you,

Customer :

ok hold on

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok, thanks.

Customer :

i tried this several times already before i got here and it still does not work

Customer :

ipad is not recognized by itunes

Viet - Mac Tech :

please see the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

Customer :

i also tried this before i got here

Customer :

it also did not work

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, did it do anything?

Customer :

also there is no red slider when i turn off the ipad that is why i cannot go into dfu mode i guess? even if i turn it off, it will go back to the screen with the itunes and usb

Customer :

no it did not work since there is no red slider to turn off

Customer :

so i just pressed the power and home button for 10 secs

Viet - Mac Tech :

Press & hold the power button for 10 seconds for it to power off first

Customer :

just the power button right?

Viet - Mac Tech :

yes, for it to turn off, then try my suggestion again

Customer :

yup did that and it did a restart right away

Customer :

going back to the itunes logo with usb cable

Viet - Mac Tech :

no, were you able to power off?

Customer :

no i cannot power off , it just does restart within 3 secs

Customer :

it does not turn off

Customer :

there is also no red slider

Viet - Mac Tech :

so you press & hold the power button until it powers off, then it turns it back on right away?

Customer :

it turns off when i plug off the usb cable

Customer :

its off now but when i plug in the cable it will restart again

Customer :

and go to the itunes with usb cable

Viet - Mac Tech :

how about pressing & hold the power button and home button without connecting to computer?

Customer :

ok hold

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok

Customer :

yes it turned off when it is not plugged in

Viet - Mac Tech :

Customer :

as i've said it turns off when i do this while plugged off

Customer :

as long as it is plugged off the pc

Customer :

it will turn off

Customer :

but as soon as i plug it to the pc, it will go back to recovery mode and will not turn off without restarting right away looping to the recovery mode screen again

Customer :

so in short i cannot get out of the recovery screen

Customer :

as long as i am plugged in, it loops to recovery screen

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you have another computer to try?

Customer :

i'll try it on my friend's mac

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok, thaks

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok, thanks

Customer :

actually my friend's mac is not available, so i'll try my other laptop

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok thanks

Customer :

hold on since i cannot connect to the internet on my laptop, it needed to download drivers for the ipad first

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok thanks; you need the iTunes program

Customer :

sorry it still is not working, i'm so frustrated right now :(

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry, I'm out of suggestions; you may need to check with the apple store, but let me open the issue to other Professionals also. Thank you,

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Ipad issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's ok since i have already emailed apple store and have an appointment for tomorrow to bring it there. can i just refund my deposit since i did not get any good answer from here and apple store will be helping me with this already?