Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Hi Daniel - happy new year. This one should be easier. I dont

Customer Question

Hi Daniel - happy new year. This one should be easier. I don't often download music from iTunes but yesterday I paid for and downloaded (or thought I did) the soundtrack from the Les Miserables movie. It shows up when I go to my iTunes account as a purchase, however I can't find it in my iTunes so I can listen to it. Help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, Daniel a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Interesting, I had a similar thing happen to me but with a movie.
What I did was rebuild the iTunes library. This seems to be a problem with the newest version of iTunes.
To do this first quit iTunes and then hold the Option and Command keys down and open iTunes. This puts it into Safe mode.
That should update the library, also turn off iTunes Match.
Next restart your Mac.
If those don't fix it then let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - I just got home and am super tired -mushy brain - I'll try it in the morning and let you know how it goes.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok long day - I did what you suggested and still Les Mis doesn't show up in my itunes on my computer. However just now I decided to search a bit more in the iTunes store on my account and found a screen that showed the songs as purchased but not downloaded. DUH. Ok so I'm 65 and can't be expected to have the same instinct for this stuff as the kids do. So I clicked and they are downloading as we speak. When I've purchased other things like audiobooks from audible.com they just come automatically once I pay. And they somehow find their way into my iTunes. Its the mystery that my generation doesn't understand. So I guess I missed a step here. I just checked - they're all here. Thanks for helping.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Well grampa, you are not alone, I am only two years your junior and I am finding that this stuff is getting past me also.
Usually when something is purchased in iTunes it automatically starts playing/downloading or doing whatever it was meant to do.
That, however, seems to be subject to change, nowadays the saying 'if it an't broke, don't fix it' does not apply.
Now it seems the rule is 'fix it until it breaks' applies.
Look at it this way, your machine should perform a little better for it.
This is something I use often (twice weekly) to keep things smooth. Install in the dash board and enjoy.

Maintenance Widget

Happy all is now as it should be, thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks that widget looks like a great idea but it's asking for my password? Virginia

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That would be your user password, the one that you use when authorizing updates, installing new software and for signing into your Mac at startup.
That is what it wants, authorization to do its thing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - it's working. So, now that I've blindly done this - what exactly will this do?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that is the best part. Use the daily/weekly/monthly each in its turn. Then when they finish click the hammer on the disk and then click Repair Permissions. Do this whenever your Mac starts acting up. It can make a difference.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help - I suspect that I'll be calling on you again. Happy New Year. Virginia

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You know where to find me Virginia. You are welcome.