Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I can not remember my pass code,how do I unlock my i pad

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, I will assist with this issue.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Is it the 4-digit passcode: in this case, you can reset it:

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes program on your computer (make sure you iTunes program is up to date.)
  • On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After about 10 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore.
JACUSTOMER-02sj1z77- :

My ipad states I am locked out for a further 14 minutes. I downloaded i tunes & it is up todate. I held down the power button & the Home button as described but no success.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please try again

JACUSTOMER-02sj1z77- :

To insure I am holding down the correct buttons, the home button is on the face of the i pad & the power button is a black 1 inch or so button on the side of the i pad?

JACUSTOMER-02sj1z77- :

I was holding down the incorrect Power button but after trying the previous advice still locked outwith the correct power button. The i pad now does not show time left to be locked out

Viet - Mac Tech :

Try again please

• Click OK or Restore.
JACUSTOMER-02sj1z77- :

The down loaded i tunes states it can not connect to my ipad due to the lock out/ incorrect passcode

Viet - Mac Tech :

that's fine, just press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

Viet - Mac Tech :

see video instructions at

Viet - Mac Tech :

(press & hold the power button to turn it off first)

JACUSTOMER-02sj1z77- :

i tunes now stated " i tunes has detected an i pad in recovery mode. You must restore the i pad before it can be used with i pad"

Viet - Mac Tech :

yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

yes please continue

Viet - Mac Tech :

How is it going?